North Carolina Society of Engineers Scholarship
Scholarship Amount: $2,000
2. United States citizen
3. Enrolled in Engineering or Engineering Technology at one of the following universities:
• East Carolina University, Greenville, NC
• North Carolina A&T State University, Greensboro, NC
• North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
• University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte, NC
• Western Carolina University, Cullowhee, NC
• Appalachian State Engineering Physics Program, Boone, NC
4. Rising sophomore, junior, senior and graduate student in good academic standing.
5. Current freshmen who will have completed the academic year by the scholarship deadline are eligible.
6. Students currently completing one of the Two-Plus-Two Engineering Transfer Programs and are accepted at one of the previously mentioned engineering schools are qualified to apply.
• University of North Carolina @ Asheville
• University of North Carolina @ Wilmington
• N.C. State University Eastern
• Guilford Technical Community College
1. North Carolina resident and Full Time Student
The scholarship winner will be introduced at our NCSE summer meeting. The winner and his/her family are encouraged to attend. The winner and his/her immediate family would be the guest of the Society for the banquet and lodging shall be paid for.
The winner will be chosen, in descending level of importance, according to financial need, citizenship, academic merit and application and/or interviews.
1. Click Here to Download the Application. The application should be read and completed with care. The application is also available for online completion by submitting your name and email above. You will receive an email providing access to your personal online application within 24 hours. The online application is specifically for you and is editable, prior to submitting, as long as you use the provided email link.
2. The most recent academic transcripts from college need to be sent directly to the committee.
3. Two (2) letters of recommendation completed by individuals who can validate your character. These letters need to be mailed directly to the committee or can completed electronically as described within the online application.
4. The Scholarship Committee will be responsible for securing the completed applications, validating the information, checking references as needed, and personally interviewing a “set” of finalists as they deem necessary.
5. The Scholarship Committee will be the final authority on the scholarship winner and will be responsible for notifying the winner.
6. The scholarship will be open to all qualified students. Exception: Immediate family members of NCSE Members are not elligible to apply.
7. Application and all necessary paperwork should be submitted no later than April 26, 2017.
Note: Please remember that the transcripts should be sent directly to the committee from the school. Documents sent to the applicant and forwarded to the committee can be disallowed at the discretion of the committee.
The transcript request and individual recommendation forms are available within the downloaded application or will be emailed to you as part of the online application process.
Mailing address for applications, transcripts and letters of recommendation:
NCSE Scholarship Application
We appreciate your interest in this scholarship and encourage you to contact JD Freeman, Scholarship Chairman, if you have questions regarding the application process.
P.O. Box 4
Carrboro, NC 27510