Completing the Dream Gap Scholarship
Two Hundred Sixty (260) students completing a two-year, four-year, or trade/vocational certificate/certification program will be selected to receive a gap scholarship of $2,500 for the 2023-2024 academic school year. The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and The Sallie Mae Fund are proud to offer financial assistance to outstanding students attending an accredited post-secondary institution. Selected students must be in good academic standing, but at risk of not returning to or graduating/completing due to an outstanding financial need, and/or emergency situation that leads to a financial aid crisis.
*Eligibility Requirements: *
- Enrolled full-time or part-time at an accredited post-secondary institution or continuous education program
- Two-year Schools
- Four-year Schools
- Vocational/Technical certificate/certification program
- Will complete their degree or program by the end of Spring 2024 semester (can be either Fall 2023 or Spring 2024).
- Current cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or higher
- Be a U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551
- Be a diverse candidate
- Diverse shall include, but not limited to: (Gender, Disability, Race, Ethnicity, Belonging to an underserved community)
- Able to demonstrate leadership abilities.
- Demonstrate good moral character in all aspects of your life, including personal, professional, educational, in your community, and online presence